11 September 2016

NEW Laneige BB cushion [pore control] No.23 Sand review


Finally I've gotten my hands on the NEW Laneige BB cushion [Pore control] SPF 50+ PA+++! Apparently some readers have enquire me about the comparison between Laneige BB cushion and April Skin Magic Snow BB cushion, but back then I only had tried April Skin so I couldn't compare. But since I have the Laneige BB cushion now, I can do a comparison for you guys ! :)

But for this post it will be focusing solely on the NEW Laneige BB cushion.

So.. this NEW Laneige BB cushion is an upgraded version of the previous BB cushion and the new version comes in two type - Whitening and Pore control.
Since my skin concerns are more on oilyness and pore, I chose the pore control type.

From what I see, the only new features about the NEW BB cushion pore control version is the packaging, the newly introduced cool shade, new cushion design (the diamond pattern) and this Two-step oil control system (the technology maximized the brightness and moisture of skin by double-coating pigment with micro-sized pearl and moisturizing agent and by reflecting light 360 degrees similar to a reflection plate.)
Packaging


Lovin' the newer version packaging, because of its holographic design on the casing ! For a first timer using the Laneige BB cushion.. I found that the casing is light but slightly on the bulky side but I presume that it is design this way so that it is able to fill in more BB in the cushion, so no complains on that.
Like most BB cushion, it is refillable. Just push the back of the casing and replace with a new one.

Shade
This new version comes with new shades called the cool tone. This cool tone is for people with reddish undertone, usually for those who are fair and skin tend to get red easily.
Source
For mine, I chose No.23 Sand (Neutral) cause I have yellowish skin. If your not sure what skin tone are you.. head over to Laneige website and they will have a small quiz at the bottom to help determine your skin tone.
As for shade, you'll have to go to the retail store to see which shade match you the best.
(*If April Skin #23 looks acceptable on you, then Laneige #23 Sand will not be a problem)


Application
Texture is just like a BB cream but less dense. I felt no stickyness after applying it on my whole face, which is good !! However it is recommended to use finishing powder after it for that finishing touch. 

In terms of coverage, I'd say... it does really well in covering up most of the pores and the matte effect is amazing that it makes my skin look smooth ! However, it doesn't really cover up my acne scars. It like from upclose, I could still see my freckles and scars, but from a distance it cannot be seen clearly. I guess the correct term to describe it would be blurring..

Remember I mention this Two-step oil control system? That maximized the brightness, reflecting light 360 degrees thingamajiggy? Yeah.. long story short it has brightening/reflecting light effect.

Not sure if you can tell there's any 'brightening' effect from the pictures below.. Anyway here are the before and after apply Laneige BB cushion.

Another thing I like about it is that it is long lasting. They claimed that it could cover pores for up to 12hrs. So one day, I've tried applying it without having to retouch, went to check after about 8hrs and I was impressed that my skin still look good as if I've just applied it. I was also shock to feel that my skin wasn't oily after so long..this has been proven as they claim that it effectively increases moisture and reduces oil in skin immediately after use.

I also prefer the smell of Laneige BB cushion compare to April Skin! I remember before purchasing it, I went to the retail store to check it out and the salesperson dab abit on the back of my palm, and for that rest of the day, I kept smelling it and to me it was kinda addictive.. HAHA! But now after applying it almost everyday... I guess I'm used to the smell already. LOL!

Overall, YES its definitely the best BB cushion I've use ! I've been using it on and off, so far it doesn't give me break outs. So.. I would repurchase it again! I've literally threw my April Skin BB cushion aside.. LOL!
Definitely recommend this to those with oily skin and pore concerns.



till then,






No comments:

Post a Comment