6 March 2016

April Skin magic snow cushion review (#23 Natural Beige)


For all of you beauty enthusiast out there, you've probably heard or seen this brand called April Skin that had been shared all over Facebook and we all can't help but to wonder if this (magic snow cushion) really claim what it does or it is just some other gimmick.

Being as curious as other people out there, I decided to try it out myself since I do not own any BB/CC cushions yet.

For the full details of April Skin Magic Snow Cushion click here.
Do note that the black one is different from the white one (black one for oily/combination skin, typically for summer climate & white one is for dry skin, typically for winter climate)

So here's my very own review with it ! :)
*Note: The color I'm using is #23 Natural Beige since I do not have fair skin.


For those of you who don't know what are BB cushions, well basically they are BB cream stored in a smaller and compact case, which are much more convenient and lighter to carry around.
Just like many other BB cushions out there, the packaging of this magic snow cushion is standard.


The puff provided is not your ordinary compact powder puff. The puff is different in a way that it doesn't soak up alot of the application.


Dabbing lightly on the sponge, the consistency is just like BB creams/liquid foundation. It glides smoothly while I tried applying on my hand.
Before and After
Before and After
Before and After

As for the coverage...
I'm pretty impressed that it does cover up most of my acne scars, pores and freckles.
Although you can still see some visible spots, that's because I only applied it once. Hence I believe that it'll give a much better coverage depending on how thick or how many layers you apply.
But with just one application and it cover up so much, I must give it a thumbs up !

After applying it, it feels slightly sticky for me.
Also, it kinda have a brightening effect (although you can't really see it in the picture) since its a Korean brand. (Many Korean makeup tend to have more of that brightening effect in their products since most Korean have super fair skin) But fret not, applying with #23 Natural Beige will not be that white as you think ! It just make your skin look less dull.

Since I have very oily skin, I thought by using this magic snow cushion my face will become super oily and shiny after an hour plus. But to my surprise it didn't! So I decide to leave it on without touching up till at night.

3 hours after applying,
I found out that my T zone and also the area below my eyes starting to get a bit oily. But I just leave it be.

8 hours after applying..
My face was oily especially the T zone area,  however I decided to snap a pic to show how the coverage last before I wash it off.
Before and After wash
Still impress on the coverage !
After 8 hours it still manage to cover up my acne scars and pores pretty well and I did not do any retouch.

Overall impression.
Definitely a good product for those with oily skin.
Very good coverage that can cover blemishes, acne scar, pores, freckles and mole (depending on how dense your mole is)
Very lasting coverage however skin will become oily as time pass, so do some touch up or use oil blotting papers to get rid of shines.
For the color (#23 Natural Beige), it blends well with my skin, therefore the color is not an issue. However, the range of color is limited.
Like I say, it does give off a brightening effect, suitable for those who are looking to brighten up their skin.


I would rate this product a 4.5/5 !
Would I buy it again?
YES ! I would continue to buy it until I could find another BB cushion that could do much better than April Skin.

April Skin is only available online, you can get it at their website, Gmarket or Amazon.
You can also get it cheaper at Hermo or 11street by using coupon to get discount ! ;) Plus their shipping is pretty fast !

Hope you find this review useful !
Till then, 





9 comments:

  1. Is that okay for acne prone skin??

    Is it any breakout effect after using that product a few weeks??
    Look's really good product after all...
    Thankyouuu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there ! For breakout effects it really depends on individual. Like for me, I do get a few pimples after trying to use everyday for more than 8 hrs because my skin will get oily halfway. So I try not to use it everyday. But in terms of coverage you can count on this product ! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! I just want to ask perhaps what Mac shade you are or what shade of the Laneige BB cushion you are using so I can gauge on what shade of the April Skin on I should buy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What shade do you use in Laneige BB cushion? Cause I use #23 but it is a bit too dark for me and j don't know what shade to choose for the April Skin cushion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle ! Unfortunately I haven't tried Laneige BB cushion yet :( so its hard for me to gauge your skin tone. If you're more towards tan/dull skin (like mine) then I would suggest #23, if fair skin (like your face easily get red) then it's either #21/#22. Go for #21 if you have super fair skin like Koreans. Hope that helps :)

      Delete
  4. I love your review. I love how you present the product and the coverage of the product onto your skin. By the way, I'm a filipina, however I have a yellowish skin tone, do you think #23 would suit my skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thank you so much for dropping by ! If its yellowish skin tone then I would suggest #23. :)

      Delete
  5. Great review!


    https://prettylilpetite.blogspot.my/

    ReplyDelete