22 May 2016

Unboxing my Althea beauty box !

Korean skincare routine has been something that I've always wanted to try out but was too afraid to try due to the amount of 'investment' I have to put into buying products from cleansers to essences.

If you don't know what's a Korean skincare routine is...
It consist of 10 steps which include:
1. Oil cleanser (To clean off make up and dirt)
2. Foam cleanser (Remove excess impurities eg. dirt, clogged pores)
3. Exfoliate (To remove dead skin & also clean out clogged pores)
4. Toner/Freshner (Hydrates and prep skin for the next skincare product)
5. Essence (Use to hydrate, brighten and even out skin tone)
6. Serum/Booster/Ampoule (A more concentrate treatment for pigmentation/other skin problems)
7. Mask (For extra hydration/treatment depending on the properties of the mask)
8. Eye Cream (To target dark circles or fine lines)
9. Face cream/Emulsion (To lock in the moisture in the skin)
10. Sunscreen (To prevent skin from UV rays which cause dark spots & aging)

Back then I was still a student struggling to keep my finances intact, hence, beauty products were considered as 'unnecessary' purchase for me... even though my skin was breaking out like cray cray.. haha!

So with a 9-5 job and a strong temptation, I decided to go for beauty products haul after my first paycheck ! HAHA kidding.


[Not a sponsored post]
So my 1st ever beauty haul is done via Althea because of this beauty box they provide.
Althea consist of mainly Korean beauty products which is 100% authentic and is shipped directly from Korea for free with purchases above RM150! Not to mention, on certain occasions they give out discounts codes and also great offers on certain brands/products, which is definitely a plus point for customers!



Here's a peek inside my Althea beauty box!
As you can see, most of my purchase are budget friendly brands like Innisfree and Etude House (not sure if Laneige is consider a budget friendly brand though considering the price of the product...) because I'm still new to this Korean skincare routine so I don't wanna risk on splurging so much on high end beauty products.

In the box, there's
Innisfree Jeju volcanic pore cleansing foam
Etude House Wonderpore freshner 
Innisfree Soybean Energy Essence
Etude House Moistfull collagen emulsion
Petitfee Gold eye & spot patch
Laneige Water sleeping mask

Based on the 10 steps of a typical Korean skincare routine, I skipped on certain purchases like..
1. Oil cleanser (because I don't wear makeup)
3. Exfoliate (because I'm currently experimenting on a homemade scrub)
6. Serum (because I haven't find one yet)
10. Sunscreen (because I stay indoor/don't get much sun most of the time)

FYI my current daily skincare routine consist of ONLY cleansing my face and occasionally doing mask with Innisfree jeju volcanic pore clay mask.
Sounds like my face is not treated properly right? haha. But that's about to change soon (hopefully) with this new routine. Honestly speaking I was kinda dreaded to hear that there's 10 freaking steps in a typical Korean skincare routine! But who knows.. maybe a bit of disciplinary and consistency would help in achieving a radiant skin.

Can't wait to try all of them out!

Till then,





No comments:

Post a Comment