9 October 2015

#random thoughts : Interest vs Capability

Ever since before I started entering college, I always have trouble choosing what course should I take (I'm not the only one having this kind of trouble). No matter how many seminars or education fairs I attended, it doesn't seem to help much at all. So with my parents and many other people's advice, I took the accounting and finance path to be on the 'safer' side. Its true that almost every company would need an accountant which makes accountants as one of the jobs that has the most demand right now.

But right now as I'm entering my final year, I'm starting to doubt my choice of major.

First of all, let me share a bit of my background, I wasn't really good in maths during my primary and secondary school years. I literally flunk maths which makes me hated it even more. But things changes ever since I gotten A for maths in PMR and was placed in sub-science class where I have to take add maths and accounts, both involving numbers, urgh. Then things changes again where I got A for accounts in SPM. So that's where it started..

Since I've gotten A for my accounts I thought hey, maybe I'm actually good in accounting despite my dislike towards numbers. I thought I'm capable enough to major in accounting, my parents thought so too.

But let me say something, what's the point of having the capability if you don't have the interest at all?

Honestly speaking I thought that if I'm able to do accounts I'll overcome my dislike towards numbers and grow interest in it. But unfortunately, I still have that dislike towards numbers which is why I'm having doubts in my choice.

People always say when choosing a course, go for something that you're interested in. As much as I'm tempted to choose the path that I'm interested in (eg. design or arts), not only my parent's would object it, I was more worried about whether I'm able to find a stable job for it. So that's why, I choose the 'safer' accounts route instead.

Right now I'm having a dilemma on what or where should I go after I graduated.

P/s : Final year thesis is killing me !! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment